Re: 2000 Dakota Infinity Sound system

From: Bill Pitz (bill@pitz.net)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2012 - 14:25:51 EDT

On 4/19/2012 11:20 AM, Phillip Batson wrote:
> Yeah, I changed the speakers out long ago. :)
>

> Any idea if it is a 2 channel or 4 channel? I'm wondering if it is 4, since you have right/left as well as front/rear fade.

I believe it is. I used to have a copy of the wiring diagram for it,
and there are distinct inputs/outputs for LF, RF, LR, RR. The only
thing I think it's missing is a turn-on wire from the head unit -- if I
remember correctly, it uses the speaker-level inputs to determine when
it should switch on. That's easy enough to fix with a wire behind the
dash, though.

If you find a decent 4-channel amp that fits in there, let me know. If
it's cheap enough, I might get one too, although I'm not sure how much
longer I'm keeping the truck.

-Bill