Re: RE: Lift

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2012 - 11:05:11 EDT

On 11-Jun, 2012, at 02:34 , Dave wrote:

> I remember as a boy, working in a Chevron station with a single-post hoist.
> When I got ready to take the car down, I would spin it around 180 degrees
> and drive it straight out the door.

I'm surprised there was enough swing space to do that, but that's pretty cool!

I'd assume that a single post wouldn't be too good for transmission or driveline work though. I've never seen one in person but the supports must be in the way? I'd love an in-ground 2 post, would be so nice to not have the big towers in the way all the time. Those are pretty much dead from EPA regs on leaks, and expense overall as far as I know though.

--
Michael Maskalans
Rochester NY