98 Dakota tensioner

From: $pook (richardfiser@mchsi.com)
Date: Mon Aug 13 2012 - 20:12:34 EDT

Thanks all for the advice. I finally just gave it one big pull and the
tensioner released. The only problem now is that the tensioner will not
return to it's default position. Guess it's time for a new tensioner. By
the way, after I got the alternator off and had it tested, it's good. I
think the tensioner may have been allowing the belt to slip thus the
insufficient charging. Funny the belt never squealed. So, hopefully, a
new belt and tensioner may be the fix. Almost as expensive as a
remanufactured alternator but it's all good I guess. The battery tested
good too.