Re: Ping at WOT and high RPM

Date: Wed Sep 05 2012 - 06:08:10 EDT

Well, I re-routed #5 and #7 spark plugs at the suggestion of someone on
the MML and went to a colder plug and that reduced it to a couple light
pings just before it shifts out of 1st at around 5200rpm.

The O2 sensor is on my list of things to replace, I have one sitting in
a box, but it looks like a PITA to do so I think I might make some poor
schlub at a shop do it. ;)

The plugs were pretty dang white when I pulled them:

http://www.moparhowto.com/pictures/1995-Dakota/2012-09-03-DakSparkPlugs/driver-side.jpg

http://www.moparhowto.com/pictures/1995-Dakota/2012-09-03-DakSparkPlugs/pass-side.jpg

I went from NGK FR4 to NGK zfr6f-11. You'd think two ranges colder
would be excessive but this is what's recommended for 97+ 5.2L and 5.9L
Ram/Dakotas from what NGK.com says.

We'll see, I have a spare intake manifold in my closet with the pan
replaced with Hughes-style aluminum plate if it comes down to it.

Thanks,

M.B.