Re: 2000 4.7l QC

From: tony@tasteofthemidway.com
Date: Wed Feb 20 2013 - 22:02:43 EST

Thanks!
Will give it a shot, can't hurt... but a more pressing
issue is the flat tire I was just informed I have in the parking lot, and
my spare is on my '97 Dak at home, and my jack and 12 compressor in my
car!

Damn that Mr. Murphy, he always
knows!!!!!

> Just make sure it is seated squarely, it seems that it can be
bolted

> in at an angle sometimes. I had a mechanic at local Dodge house
tell

> me that and sure enough, on mine, it wasn't squred up like it
apperad

> to be. I don't guess their isn't actually an airgap of sorts but
it

> seems it can be installed a little askew. Mine was on a different
year

> model so yours may not be exactly the same. It's just what I ran
into.

> Sent from my iPad

> On Feb 19, 2013, at 9:34 PM, "tony@tasteofthemidway.com"

> <tony@tasteofthemidway.com> wrote:

>> Hmm, didn't know there was anything to adjust? doesn't it

>> just slide in and the nut holds it?

>> Heater sux!

>> Will let ya

>> know if/when I fix! Bet it will work just fine in a month or

>> two!!!

>> Tony.

>>> Your intermittent loss of timing sensor might very well cause
you

>>> misfire. I had to reset mine, removed sensor after
disconnecting

>> wires

>>> & then reinstalled and used feeler gauge to reset
clearance

>> before

>>> reconnecting. I'm having same heater trouble and haven't
even

>> touched

>>> those hoses or anything associated with the heater. Mine
just

>> started

>>> the problem on it's own. Lemme know whay you find out about
that.

>>> John

>>> Sent from my iPad

>>> On Feb 19, 2013, at 6:53 PM,