RE: Rear Sliding Window

From: BOBBY (bocd@optonline.net)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2013 - 14:48:24 EST

i can't help you now but do have some input for guys who need to remove
this slider in the future.......

a couple years ago i had to remove that slider to make room for my mid
range / tweeter enclosure.

i had first tried removing the slider on a donor cab i bought to make
the template and that stock seal is some tough shit.

i'd be willing to say that its nearly impossible to remove that slider
with out breaking it or damaging the paint with regular windshield type
removal tools / cutter. that tough ass seal coupled with the deep pocket
that the slider sits in makes it a bitch.

when i was ready to remove the actual slider from my truck i had a glass
guy come with a OTC heat induction machine which inducts heat to the
pinch weld and allows for glass and seal removal leaving a perfectly
clean pinch weld.

it gets a little dicey cause the paint around the pinch weld heats as
well so you have to keep the surrounding area cool with a spray bottle
but it's an awesome machine.

bob