Re: Re: E-Fan was: 2000 4.7l cc 4x4

From: David Gersic (info@zaccaria-pinball.com)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2013 - 08:59:37 EDT

On Friday, March 15, 2013 08:50:13 PM you wrote:
> I was looking through my service manual, and it says the following:
> "A Snap-On 36MM Fan Wrench (number SP346 from Snap-On Cummins Diesel Tool
> Set number 2017DSP) and Special Tool 6958 Spanner Wrench with Adapter Pins
> 8346 can be used to hold the pulley still. (Fig. 86) to prevent pulley
> from rotating."
>
> Did you have these tools? If not, what did you use to remove the clutch
> fan?

Assuming this is the same as removing the fan to replace the water pump, I
just used a big adjustable wrench in place of "Snap-On 36MM Fan Wrench"
because I already have the big adjustable wrench. And in place of "Special
Tool 6958 Spanner Wrench with Adapter Pins" I used a piece of 1/2" strap iron
I had on hand with a couple holes drilled in it for 1/4-20 bolts. Stick the
bolts in the holes in the pulley, and wrench off the fan.