Re: Power window regulator problems?

From: Jason Bleazard (jason.dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Thu Jun 06 2013 - 11:42:58 EDT

On 06/06/13 09:50 AM, jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
> I'm just curious to see if anyone has experienced chronic power window
> regulator problems with their trucks? I recently had someone contact
> me to say they had replaced every regulator on their '03 Quad Cab,
> some of them more than once! I'm not sure if this is an isolated case
> or if there might be a larger problem here, so thought I'd post to see
> if anyone else has experienced or heard of the Dakota power windows
> being problematic.
>
> Thanks!

With the motor, or the structure? (I don't know what else to call it,
I'm thinking of all the metal and cables that actually hold the window
and guide its motion.)

I had to replace the driver's front on our '01. The motor was fine, but
one end of the cable came loose when the plastic clip broke. Of course
you can't just replace the piece of formed plastic, you have to replace
the whole frame and motor just for one stupid little piece of plastic. I
kept the old motor in case one of the others burns out.

That's only one replaced on a truck two years older, so it doesn't seem
"chronic" in our case (knock on wood).

--
Jason Bleazard  dontspamjason@bleazard.net  Burlington, Ontario
'01 Dakota Sport 4x4, 4.7 V8, Auto, Quad Cab, black