Re: Re: dakota

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Wed Dec 11 2013 - 09:14:19 EST

On Dec 11, 2013, at 12:16 AM, Ralph Phillips <ralphp2@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) Ignition switch? All but the lights sound like the problems that hit
> the MN12s from Fomoco when the ignition switch goes bad - and the Malibu I
> used to own (a 2000), same story.
>
> 2) Bulkhead connector between engine and passenger compartments.
>
> I'll add a #3 that just occurred to me - possibly bad contacts in the fuse
> block.

Those all sound equally likely to me, I’d also add that I’ve had 3-4 of the second gen Dakota style headlight switches go bad, the symptom being that they’d get hot and lose contact. One in the 97 Ram and two in the 98 Dakota. Only symptom was loss of the headlights though.

--
Michael Maskalans
Rochester NY