Re: What is a R/T Dakota (was Re: Hello All!) (fwd)

From: Bill Countie (wgcount@husc.harvard.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 27 1995 - 14:18:29 EST

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 1995 09:52:27 -0500 (EST)
From: Bill Countie <wgcount@fas.harvard.edu>
Subject: Re: What is a R/T Dakota (was Re: Hello All!)

On Thu, 23 Nov 1995 DZavetsky@aol.com wrote:

> I am leaning toward getting the headers....especially if they will get rid of
> that well known "flat spot" in the power band....it was even mentioned in one
> of the magazines when the magnums were new (like my 1992....).....
>
> The carbon buildup that you mentioned is another reason.....
>
> Of course, the real reason is.....I WANT MORE POWER!! :)
You didn't mention the fuel economy improvement. <G>

A note on the installation, It was easy. I have air conditioning and the
headers went in smoothly without a hitch! When you order your headers,
you will need to tell the parts guy/gal the year/4x4/auto or stick. each
combination has a different part number. I ordered mine in January '95
due to the Mopar Performance news. They arrived a couple days after the
arrival of the MP catalog. in the catalog it said that the part number is
for auto trans only. ARRGH! They sent them back and I kept the exhaust
system (which, they don't tell you in the catalog, can fit the V6 Dakota)
After about 4 months later (and my calling MP) I told my Dodge dealer
that the headers are now available for the 5 speed. The NV-3500 is wider
than the auto trans. Good luck, I almost enjoyed the installation. I
enjoyed the shakedown even more!

Cheers!

1994 Dakota 5.2l 5 speed
(R/T in progress) Bill Countie