Re: 94' 318 Upgrade Question?

From: Bill Countie (wgcount@husc.harvard.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 29 1995 - 10:55:49 EST

On Wed, 29 Nov 1995 GWM@INFOCTR.CHRYSLER.COM wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I was wondering if anyone has ever put a MP Camshaft in a 94' 318 engine?
> The vehicle is a 94' Dakota 318 and some of the modifications done already are
> the following: MP Upgraded Computer, headers straight back to Borla mufflers,
> and a few suspension mods. The owner of the vehicle asked me if I knew anyone
> that had installed a high performance cam in a 94' 318, so I thought I would
> ask everyone on the list. What are your thoughts/comments? Thanks in advance
> for any information.
I have saved the Cam mod for last. I haven't done it yet because I worry
about losing my warranty from Dodge. Anything I have done so far can be
reversed, but the cam replacement (by me) isn't that easy. I also fear a
reduction in fuel economy. I don't know if the cam installation will give
me a good bang for the buck. Can a $500-600 invesment be worth only 5-10
HP? Can anyone help me on this? I guess those are my negatives.
> > ---------
> Garry W. McKissick, Jr. : 1986 Dodge Shelby Charger
> Chrysler Corporation : 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC R/T
> Trenton Engine Plant : " MOPAR OR NO CAR "

1994 Dakota 5.2l 5 speed (R/T in progress(maybe))
Bill Countie
e-mail wgcount@husc7.harvard.edu