Re: '96 Dakota Question

From: Scott J. McCue (scotty@eos-prog.whoi.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 06 1995 - 15:04:10 EST

On Dec 6, 2:26pm, Bill Countie wrote:
> Subject: Re: '96 Dakota Question
> On Wed, 6 Dec 1995, William Haigh wrote:
>
> > Does anyone out there have a '96 Dakota with a 4 cyl?
> >
> > Yesterday I watched a Chrysler video and they showed a '96 Dakota with
> > the 2.5 JEEP engine, _not_ the 2.5 DODGE engine. I couldn't believe it!
> >
> > I was just wondering if the Jeep engine really does have more power
> > than the Dodge engine, as they advertised......?
> Can any one help Bill on this? I have been negligent on my 4 cyl
> information. Does anyone have the 4 cyl for any year want to talk about
> their truck, why did they choose the engine, power, milage, does it say
> "Jeep"?

As I recall from the literature, the old 4 cyl was rated at 99 hp and the new 4
cyl is rated ~125 hp.

Scotty

--
Scott J. McCue
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution            Clark 4th M/S 25

professional: http://w3eos.whoi.edu/~scotty/smccue.html personal: http://w3eos.whoi.edu/~scotty/SJM/scotty.html