Stodgy Dodge Trucks (was Re: Any DML Traffic??)

From: Bill Countie (wgcount@husc.harvard.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 06 1995 - 17:41:39 EST

On Wed, 6 Dec 1995, Pan Chan wrote:

> I think it was the salesmen's manual at the dealership that I saw a comparitive
> list of features for competitor trucks of the Dakota, including the Ford Ranger
> and Chevy S-10, and maybe another one. One of the statistics I remember is that
> the average driver age for the Dakota was the highest of them all; implying
> that it appeals less to younger, sportier folk. It was highest but they were
> all pretty close; maybe somewhere around 47.
Jeeze does that make us "old codgers" because we are attracted to the
Dakota and not to the "in your face, S10" or the "Splash"? I won't pay
extra for fancy graphics if I can put the money for more performance,
space, or load capacity.
> what's sure-grip?
What GM calls Limited Slip. Using multiple clutches, power can be shared
between both driving wheels on the same axle. Mamma Mopar calls it Sure
grip. It is only available with the 3.55 and 3.91 ratios in the Dakota.
That is, until they run out at the end of the model year.
> > Has anyone driven both the V-8 and the V-6... I've heard the V-6 is a
> >little underpowered
I liked the V6 with the 5 speed. It was fun to drive. I really wanted the
V8 and the new 5 speed that was offered together for the first time that
year. I wanted More Power. Then I wanted a little bit more. :-D

1994 Dakota 5.2l 5 speed (R/T in progress)
Bill Countie
e-mail wgcount@husc7.harvard.edu