RE: Intro and question

From: Moise N. Solomon (msolomon@mail07.mitre.org)
Date: Thu Dec 07 1995 - 07:35:48 EST

>I have a 1995 SLT V8 4x4 Auto, Extended Cab, Trailer Tow, 3.55 (Sure Grip),
>Skid Plates, Emerald green with driftwood center band, etc. I get 14.0 mpg
>city and 19 hwy (65-75 mph). Camper shell (fiberglass highback) helped the
>highway mileage by ~1.5 mpg.
>
>First question: Recommendation for driving lights? Projector lights
>that fit within the air dam openings?
>
>Second: Has anyone else experienced initial acceleration stalling? Turn
>the ignition off and count to ten and it starts like a champ. Began
>at 2000 miles, and on the third trip to the dealer, they fixed it by
>rerouting the wiring harness in two locations. Hasn't been a
>problem in the subsequent 6000 miles. Just curious.
>
>Thanks,
>
>James D. Landess
>Sunnyvale, California

I have a '96 SLT (V8 4x4 3.55 sure grip, skid plates, trailer tow) with
factory driving lights. The airdam is molded for the lights and makes a clean
installation. I have been happy with them and it adds some style to the
truck. It was a $90 option from the factory. I don't know what it would cost
to buy this from Mopar, but you would need the airdam and lights as a minimum.

I just put a low top Century fiberglass cap on last week. They did a nice job
of matching the color of the cap and truck. My Dakota is solid brilliant
blue.

Moise Solomon