How to get motorcycles on the truck?

From: Pan Chan (Pan_Chan@iacnet.com)
Date: Thu Dec 07 1995 - 21:59:08 EST

> and I carry motorcycles around in the summer, and don't have a
>storage area for a cap, I put on an aftermarket tonneau cover which'll keep
>the snow off my ski equipment, and any other cargo I feel like carrying, and
>I can roll it up in the summer to tote the bikes around...

How do you get your bike on the truck?

I want to use ramps, and they can either rest on the bed or on the folded-down
tailgate. Problem #1 is I can't get these ramps to rest on the bed because the
rear bumper gets in the way. I could get extra-long boards, but I'd rather
not. Problem #2 is that I'm afraid the rubber tailgate "arms" will break under
the weight of over 500-700 lbs, leaving me w/a nicely disfigured tailgate from
where it smashes into the bumper. Most likely the rubber arms wouldn't snap,
but they might slip out of the metal clasps.