Dead truck new member

From: Steve Gepford (gepfords@ohsu.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 08 1995 - 10:39:16 EST

Hi,

My name is Steve Gepford and I own an 88 Dakota Plain jane modle with
a 3.9L. It currently is not in operation because of something in the
computer system. If I can get it started it will not idle unless I
constantly pump the gas pedal. if I stop pumping it will die. Even
with pumping the gas pedal it will not rev up high enough to drive
the vehicle. I replaced the 02 sensor and the EGR valve? or sensor,
something like that, "anyway I think that is what it is called", at
any rate, neither helped. Any suggestions would be appreciated,

Thank you,
Steve