Re: Intro, Comments, & ??

From: Bill Countie (wgcount@husc.harvard.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 08 1995 - 14:59:51 EST

On Thu, 7 Dec 1995, Harold Borders wrote:

> Hello, All!
Hello Buddy!

> My name is Harold Borders (most everyone calls me Buddy). I purchased my '95
> Dakota Club Cab SLT in June, '95. It is Emerald Green Metalic w/Silver
> centerband. I got the V-8, Auto, 2WD, dealer inst. trans cooler, cup holder
> (w/knee slicing option), and no tray table. ;) It has a drop in bedliner,
> Leer paint matched cap, and hitch. So far, so good for a truck off the lot. :)
>
> Problems noticed-
> 2) While fixing shock, I noticed that the Y-pipe had a crunch around the
> diameter. Anyone else notice this?
Yes. That little "dent" is in all V6 and V8 pipes. This is done to allow
the front drive shaft on 4WD to get to the front pumpkin. It is the cheap
way out for Dodge rather than the mandrel bending (more bucks) and they
can put this pipe on a lot more models and have it fit (auto trans,
manual trans, combined with 4WD). That is one of the reasons I bought the
headers from MP.
> 4) Steering wheel is slightly askew. I'm not sure if it is from the crown of
> the road or slight misalignment. A friend had a bent lower A-arm from the
> factory on his Dakota. I don't think that is my problem.
Mine is too, just a little.

> Overall, my wife and I are quite pleased with my plush toy. I am looking
> forward to a long and happy life with it. (Gotta get my money's worth!)
Congratulations! Welcome to the list.

> -Buddy

1994 Dakota 5.2l 5 speed (R/T in progress)
Bill Countie
e-mail wgcount@husc7.harvard.edu