Re: Fuel Mileage?

From: Howard Wilson (howard@bga.sps.mot.com)
Date: Wed Dec 13 1995 - 13:48:25 EST

To: dakota@csclub0.cs.fredonia.edu, wgcount@husc.harvard.edu

What do kind of mileage are getting on your Dakotas?

I have been getting between 15-17mpg on my 89 4x4 auto w/3.9l v6. This is
strickly around town on trips of 15 miles or less. I guess I expected to get in
the low 20's.

Also, has anyone have any preference on tires? Mine currently has Goodyear
Wrangler Radials (no letter suffixes) P235R75-15. I have no plans for any
serious offroad running. I would like a tire that is quiet on the road, will
wear resonablely well, provide adequate tracktion for snow covered roads (I
purchased this truck so I would not need to drive my Shelby Daytona in bad
weather) and not leave me stuck on the beach.

The Wranglers on the truck generate quite a bit of road noise (and would assume
they are not the best choice for optimum mpg). I checked the Goodyear web page
and there is a whole series of Wranglers with suffix letters? A friend with a
94
Dakota Sport 4x4 has Wrangler AT's.

Dave Clement

very consistent 15-16 mpg combined city/highway. (17 miles each way to work)
varies seasonally, per my graphs. worst in the winter, best in the summer.

highest ever highway was almost 19.

5.2 v8, auto, towing package, 4x4, extended cab, hard tonneau cover.

--
Howard P. Wilson