Lowering and drive shaft questions....

From: TeamGTZ@aol.com
Date: Thu Dec 14 1995 - 01:39:54 EST

Like I have said before, I've lowered my 95 Dakota a total of 5 inches in
back (including tires). Although this was done "correctly", there has hardly
been a wealth of Dakota Owner support for modifying the truck in this way.
 My main concern/question is: Will there be an adverse effect on the
drivetrain, trans-back? I heard once that I should shorten the drive shaft
to avoid trouble with the diff and the trans. Anyone? I realize that most
all of you have stock 4x4s, but they're all Dakotas, nonetheless.