Re: Dodge Announces V-10 Dakota!

From: Mel Lester Jr. (meljr@connet80.rain.com)
Date: Tue Dec 19 1995 - 13:00:57 EST

On 19 Dec 1995 Mark.Kraieski@mailport.delta-air.com wrote:

> Not really. Just kidding.
>
> Actually, I was wondering why the list was so quiet.
>
> Don't know about the V-10 but has anyone out there put the 360 in their
> Dakota? One of the magazines did this a while back with a factory crate
> motor. They had some problems sorting out the appropriate torque converter
> but the rest was a direct bolt-in, even used the existing 318 fuel injection
> system and computer, though I believe larger injectors were used. Not much
> horsepower gain but gobs of torque.

I've put a 360 in my Dakota, although probably not like you would expect.
I won't go on at great length here as some others who read this list
already know the particulars, but I yarded out the 318 and auto overdrive
trans from my '89 Shelby Dakota and have replaced it with a .060 over '72
360 block that has been completely machined and race built. Just for
fun, we have a MP 6 pack on the intake and I am using MP headers for the
'91 Dakota 318. The tranny is a full race 904 by ATI and I also am using
their trans brake, dampner and 8" high stall torque converter. Needless
to say, this is a full race setup.