Re: First oil change, and a bunch of other stuff.

From: Jeff Pierce (jpierce@ravel.n2.net)
Date: Wed Dec 20 1995 - 11:32:14 EST

The word from rec.autos.tech is you can switch between dino and synthetic;
dino and dino; but not synthetic and synthetic. So if you are using M1
(I am also), or Castrol etc you can freely go to the corner quick stop
for a change or add dino oil on the trail as needed. All of the synthetics
are fromulated to work mix well with the standard oils. HOWEVER THEY WILL
NOT MIX WITH EACH OTHER.

I tried the Castrol in my 92 5.2 and found the light weight caused more tappet
noise than I wanted so ran some 10/40 through for a couple changes and
switched to Mobil 1 much quieter.

Keep on trucken!
Jeff