RE: Edmunds

From: Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com
Date: Thu Dec 21 1995 - 08:10:14 EST

From: stei0302@penny.cs.fredonia.edu@INTERNET on Wed, Dec 20, 1995 7:38 PM

>>The following is from Edmund's online used car buying guide:
>> Dodge Dakota (1989-1994)
>> Officially classified a mid-size truck, the .....

>> "only adequate with the gas-guzzling V8"?!?
>> "worse with the V6"?!?
>> "performance shortcomings"?!?

> I admit, the V6+Automatic combo was sluggish, but the manual moved
>it right along...

> I wonder what the editors were on when they wrote this review?

I have a 89 V6/Auto Dakota 4x4 this is the TBI version which is rated (I
believe) at 125HP. This vehicle is by no means a road rocket but I have never
felt that I am under powered, it gets up to road speeds just fine and will
cruise on the highway comfortabely at 80mph. I do not use the truck to tow or
haul heavy loads and I never expected it to be a sports car (I have my Daytona
Shelby for that).

I would rate the V6 adequate and the V8 more than adequate. I have not driven a
4cyl.

Dave Clement