tow hooks?

From: CSiano@banyan.com
Date: Thu Dec 21 1995 - 08:18:52 EST

>I have a 2WD, and since I get off on dirt roads on occasion I thought
>it would be prudent to add tow hooks. I have a reciever hitch in back,
>and I added hooks on the sides of the hitch, but I can't figure out any
>way to put hooks on the front. Please share your secret.

Not sure if the 2WD and 4WD frams are the same, but here goes:

You cut the ends of the air dam under the front bumper so the air dam is
the width of the frame. Looks good this way.

Then, on the front section of the frame horn, you can drill and bolt
standard hooks so they curve out to the side. The hook ends up under the
bumper, and you need the little clip to hold a strap on. I've used mine
several times, and it did tweak the frame a little where the hook is
mounted, but it is minor.

Christopher Siano | Work Sucks... I'm going
CSiano@Banyan.com | Camping, Mountain Biking