Update on Performance for Ram 318... Thanks

From: Thomas_Dean-R16937@email.sps.mot.com
Date: Wed Dec 27 1995 - 17:43:00 EST

I appreciate all the input from everybody. Here is some clarification on my
last posting. My truck is rev governed and speed governed. The rev limiter
kicks in at 5800 RPM. I have no problems with having the rev limiter in place.
It is the speed governor that I hate. I'll have the tranny in drive, pedal to
the metal... Shifts from first to second just above 50 MPH, burns the tires,
hits third just above 80 MPH and continues strong until about 102 MPH @ 3500
RPM, shifts to fourth, locks up the converter and backs down to 100 MPH. This
is what is so frustating to me. It's got a lot more oomph left, I know it...

I tried calling the Mopar Technical Assistance hotline at (810)853-7290, but
they are on vacation all this week until the second of the new year. I'll post
my info when I find it out.

Thanks,

Tom Dean