Re: My Dakota's Back!!!

From: Bill Countie (wgcount@husc.harvard.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 12 1996 - 10:45:33 EST

On 11 Jan 1996 Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com wrote:

> Now that I have the truck back and I'm prepared for the snow that has been
> buring the N.E. we will not get any more.
        Oh, I don't think so Dave. Tonight we're expecting snow, but it may
change over to rain where you are. 4WD doesn't do any better than 2WD on
the ice, it is sad to relate. I'm glad no one was hurt and you got a
repaint and alignment out of the deal. :-/
        On the snow issue, Does anyone out there plow with their Dakota?
Have you beefed up any part of it to do so?
        Also for us cheapskates who opted for 2WD, what do you use for
ballast and how much weight do you use? I am using 300 pounds of Kitty
Litter. My cat will be the ultimate utilizer of it but for those times I
am stuck, a little under the wheels and I'm free. It deodorizes too with
every use. :-)

> Dave Clement
> 89 Dakota LE 4x4

1994 Dakota 5.2l 5 speed (R/T in progress)
Bill Countie
e-mail wgcount@husc7.harvard.edu