Re: K&N Items

From: Ned Vogler (NVOGLER@rghosp.chime.org)
Date: Tue Jan 23 1996 - 15:14:00 EST

From: CSiano
To: dakota
Subject: Re: New Shocks
Date: Tuesday, January 23, 1996 12:00AM

>K&N AirForce pre-cleaner
>K&N valve cover breather
>All in all, the filter works great and the sucking sound when you open the
>throttle is very easy to hear. I love the AirForce precleaner, it removes
>90% of the garbage and is a piece of cake to clean. The filter itself
>hasn't even started to look dirty after almost 30,000 miles.

Does the pre-cleaner go somewhere in the _stock_ duct that runs from the
grill to the air cleaner?? Who did you order this stuff from and do you
have part nos. for the pre-cleaner and the valve cover breather?? Someone
else on the DML was mentioning bugs getting into the air cleaner, and
perhaps the pre-cleaner will help?? Prices and where you got the stuff
would be great! I paid (according to other DML subscribers) way too much
for my K&N air filter, so I'm trying to find some lower price
mail-order-type places... Thanks in advance for your input.

         Network Administrator | _ _ _ _ _ _
       Rockville General Hospital | |_` |_` _ |_| |_| |_ |_| |_`
       (nvogler@rghosp.chime.org) | ,_| | | | |_ |\ ,_|
  '96 Dakota SLT V8 5-sp 4x4 Club Cab |
  '84 Nighthawk 650 '85 Honda XR-350R | ----------------------------