Re: Stock bed liner. Was: Re: Spray-in Liners

From: Mel Lester Jr. (meljr@connet80.com)
Date: Mon Jan 29 1996 - 20:59:44 EST

On Mon, 29 Jan 1996, Jon N. Steiger wrote:

> Uh oh! I got the Mopar under-the-rail bedliner with my new club cab!
> Has anyone else experienced these problems?
>
> While I'm on the subject, the part of the bedliner that goes on the
> tailgate pushes up when the gate is closed, snapping off those plastic
> rivets. The dealership tried to fix it but said they must order and
> install a new piece (at their expense). Is this a common problem, or
> an indication of something wrong? I doubt it myself, but it was
> kinda relevant, so I thought I'd check just in case. :-)
>
> Thanks!

I bought an aftermarket under rail bedliner (from Montgomery Ward) for
$189 in 1989 when my truck was new. I thought over rail liners looked
dumb and the lightbar installed on the Shelby Dakotas would have to be
removed, so I went with an under rail bedliner and kept the lightbar.
It fit so well, that I never bothered to attach it with the mounting
hardware provided, consequently there hasn't been any binding or rubbing
to speak of and the liner stays in at the top end of the dragstrip (was 90
MPH, with new race motor should be 120+). The tail gate protector was to
be attached by drilling holes and using metal screws, so I just used a
bonding adhesive that we used to attach the panels to my Super Pro car
instead and have had no problems there either.

| Mel Lester Jr. meljr@ConNet80.com - Operations Manager ConNet80 |
| ConNet80 - PDX's Fast Lane on the Information SuperHighway |
| Connect with ConNet80, it pays! http://www.ConNet80.com/~meljr |