Stock bed liner. Was: Re: Spray-in Liners

From: Jon N. Steiger (stei0302@penny.cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 29 1996 - 20:14:38 EST

>Does anyone have any experience with the spray-in type of bedliner? (Line-X,
>Rhino Liners, etc.) In my ignorance, I bought a factory bed liner in
>Sept.'94 when I bought my Dakota Sport Club Cab new. A mere 16 months later,
>the inside of my truck bed has a whole hell of a lot of bare metal, with more
>and more paint wearing off daily. I'm getting rid of the bed liner ASAP, but
>that still leaves me with what to do about protecting the bed. My truck sees
>very little time hauling gravel, scrap iron, or industrial waste, but I'd
>still like to keep it looking good. The pop-in under-the-rail bedliner was
>definitely NOT the way to keep it looking good! I've been seeing more and
>more places advertising for the spray-in bedliners, but I was looking for
>some actual customer comments. Any advice?

  Uh oh! I got the Mopar under-the-rail bedliner with my new club cab!
Has anyone else experienced these problems?

   While I'm on the subject, the part of the bedliner that goes on the
tailgate pushes up when the gate is closed, snapping off those plastic
rivets. The dealership tried to fix it but said they must order and
install a new piece (at their expense). Is this a common problem, or
an indication of something wrong? I doubt it myself, but it was
kinda relevant, so I thought I'd check just in case. :-)

  Thanks!

                                              -Jon-

 | Jon Steiger == DoD# 1038 == USUA# A46209 == NMA# 117376 == KotWitDoDFAQ |
 | stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu && http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ |
 | '96 Dakota SLT V-8, '91 FZR600R /* Just another mangy hacker */ |