Re: Stock bed liner

From: Rader = Darn Jar All Dry Error (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Tue Jan 30 1996 - 08:59:08 EST

> Uh oh! I got the Mopar under-the-rail bedliner with my new club cab!
>Has anyone else experienced these problems?

  Uh oh is right. I've got one in my '95 as well...

  I have no personal experience with the spray-on bedliners, but the
scuttlebutt over the Net is positive. They are a lot heavier than the
snap-in bedliners, though. This should help traction, making the weight
look positive to me.

> While I'm on the subject, the part of the bedliner that goes on the
>tailgate pushes up when the gate is closed, snapping off those plastic
>rivets.

  Hmmm, sounds fishy. Mine is held in with screws (yipe!), but since I
replaced the dealer-installed rust magnets with stainless steel hardware
sealed with silicone, I've had no problems at all. I can't imagine how
the tailgate cover is pushing up when the gate is closed. Mine has about
an inch clearance over the bed.

  Ron "Oh Boy, Screws And Bare Metal" Rader