Fifth Wheel Towing

From: Ron Salzl (ronsalzl@uniserve.com)
Date: Thu Feb 01 1996 - 06:31:19 EST

I just bought a 21.5' 1993 Terry fifth wheel trailer. It weighs 4050 lbs.
dry and has a GVWR of 5788 lbs. I have chatted with a few RV'ers and I have
decided a Dodge Dakota will pull it with no problem. So now I am in the
market for a new Dakota (4x4 Club Cab Auto V8) and that should give me a
trailer limit of 6400 lbs. I would appreciate any input anyone could give me
regarding their experiences with a Dakota and a fifth wheel.

I am particularily interested in the rear end issue. The Dakota brochures
only show a 3.90 for trailering but I have talked to others that are using
the 3.55 with no problems.

Thanks in advance

Ron

Ron Salzl