Ignition & misc.

From: CSiano@banyan.com
Date: Mon Feb 05 1996 - 07:59:17 EST

>Lastly, a tire question. Chris Siano says his MTs are 30.2" tall and just
>fit. I'd like to see a picture of your truck Chris.

Hmmm, I'm guessing you'll want a picture where you can see the tires. That
means I'll need to either take one before I hit the trails, or after I
clean the truck. :-) Seriously, I do have a couple of pictures I took
for insurance reasons ($1400 in wheels and tires isn't something I want to
loose), but I don't have a scanner. I'll look around, perhaps someone here
has one.

>I'm thinking about BFG ATs or MTs at 30x9.5R15s or maybe Firestone
>RMTs. How does this tire size compare to stock 235/75R15s? Opinions
>on the tires themselves?

I know the BFG's are just slightly under 30", or about an inch larger in
diameter than the factory tires. Don't know about the Firestone tires. I
like the BFG's, they're a good tire. Ran a set of MT's on my Jeep for
years. The MT's are kind of loud if you do a lot of road travel, but the
noise is tollerable. Off-road and in the snow, the MT's are great. Never
owned the AT's, but from what I've seen, they do great in all but the worst
mud conditions.

Christopher Siano | "How do you control this thing?"
CSiano@Banyan.com | "Who Cares, Go FASTER!"