Re: MP Computer for 5.2L

From: Mel Lester Jr. (meljr@connet80.com)
Date: Sat Feb 10 1996 - 13:04:02 EST

On Fri, 9 Feb 1996 DFuller288@aol.com wrote:

> Does anyone have experience with the MP performance computer available for
> the 5.2L V8. I know the item states premium fuel is a must. But what other
> changes can I expect. Is the power increase worth the cost?

If you want to go faster, and let's quantify faster as in 0 to 60 MPH times
or in drag strip terms as opposed to top speed, which may be limited
somehow, this single, 15 minute installation, will give you more bang for
the buck than anything else in the Mopar Performance catalog. I got a
1/2 second improvment in 1/4 mile ET for my $250 investment a year ago.

> How is gas
> milage effected better, worse, or same? Any other problems - starting,
> idling, part throttle response?

Mileage is about the same. I just wanted to go faster at the dragstrip
without loosing consitancy. Drivablilty is excellent with the caveat
that the premium fuel requirement is, if anything, understated. I have
on many occasions, had to supplement local 92 octane (especially the
oxigenated crap) with expensive octane boosters, although it's easy
enough to change back to the original computer for winter driving, etc.

You won't be showing your tail lights off to any late model Cameros or
Firebirds, unless you get a real hole shot and the race is short, but you
should give Mustang GT's a real heads up race for their money.

| Mel Lester Jr. meljr@ConNet80.com - Operations Manager ConNet80 |
| ConNet80 - PDX's Fast Lane on the Information SuperHighway |
| Connect with ConNet80, it pays! http://www.ConNet80.com/~meljr |