MP computer

From: Tim Bontrager (TBontrager@dpra.com)
Date: Sun Feb 11 1996 - 15:47:41 EST

On Fri, 9 Feb 1996 DFuller288@aol.com wrote:

> Does anyone have experience with the MP performance computer available for
> the 5.2L V8. I know the item states premium fuel is a must. But what
other
> changes can I expect. Is the power increase worth the cost?
I don't have personal experience, just what my dealer told me. The
mechanic's dad has one on his 5.2. He also tows. Apparantly towing with the
new computer is NOT recommended. He says the transmission (automatic) shifts
or flutters between 3 and 4 during towing. If he tows, he either locks out
overdrive or switches computers. Overall his recommendation is positive. He
obviously doesn't mind switching computers back and forth, so it must be
worth it!

Thats my $0.02.

Tim Bontrager
e-mail: TBontrager@dpra.com
voice : (913) 539-3565 fax : (913) 539-5353
mail : P.O. Box 727, Manhattan, KS 66505
ship : 200 Research Dr., Manhattan, KS 66503
Home of the KSU Wildcats, 1995 Holiday Bowl Champs, 1993 Copper Bowl Champs
'92 Corvette LT1, '92 Dakota 4x4 Magnum 318