Dakota mirror shimmy

From: stevec@extendsys.com
Date: Tue Feb 13 1996 - 15:35:14 EST

>From: Pan_Chan.IACNET
>drove away, I noticed how both side view mirrors now "quivered" - not the
arm
>nor the chrome mirror housing, but just the actual mirror itself,
especially
>the driver side. It is very annoying. It's worst at highway speeds when it

>quivers so much that everything's blurry. Either the body shop messed up
the
>mirrors by hand-forcing them and not using the mirror-motor, or the
deflector
>I put on for the first time creates some kind of weird turbulence that
somehow
>disturbs the mirrors.

>Anyone else ever have problems w/their motorized mirrors?

Hello,

I have a '93 Dakota Club Cab 4x4 with the large power mirrors. They have
shimmied at highway speeds since day one, and I just figured that was
inherent to that size mirror. I would guess the passenger side mirror seems
better because it reflects a different sized view, so the same amount of
shimmy will not move the reflected items as far back and forth from the
driver's perspective. I just got used to using the rearview mirror on the
winshield a lot more.

-Steven Connelly