Re: MP Computer for 5.2L/bug shields

From: Howard Wilson (howard@bga.sps.mot.com)
Date: Tue Feb 13 1996 - 19:25:57 EST

To: dakota@csclub0.cs.fredonia.edu

>on the Mopar bug/wind deflector, and I can hear a little extra wind noise
>then when it wasn't on... I also notice my hood shakes just a little at
>anything over 60 mph, I'm wondering if I should adjust the hood so it lies
>more flush with the grill, etc. so as to not let the wind into the engine
>bay. Any ideas or comments??

I installed a Mopar bug deflector/hood protector just before winter, and I also
noticed increased wind noise. Not a lot, but a maybe a little more than
little. Don't notice it much anymore now that I'm used to it.

snip--

However, the night I picked up the truck, I also showed them how the deflector
wouldn't allow the hood to close, and that's when they raised the hood. As I
drove away, I noticed how both side view mirrors now "quivered" - not the arm
nor the chrome mirror housing, but just the actual mirror itself, especially
the driver side. It is very annoying. It's worst at highway speeds when it
quivers so much that everything's blurry. Either the body shop messed up the
mirrors by hand-forcing them and not using the mirror-motor, or the deflector I
put on for the first time creates some kind of weird turbulence that somehow
disturbs the mirrors.

snip--

Anyone else ever have problems w/their motorized mirrors?

i too noticed a significant increase in power mirror vibration after adding the
bug shield. the choice was either no bug shield, or the vibration, so i took
the vibration. it does add to the noise as well. i have the thoroughly
contoured wrap-around "magnum" something, i think from the same company that
makes the vent-visor products. can't remember the name, sorry.

--
Howard P. Wilson