Hi! (New member)

From: Dave Goerlich (bbeep71@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed Feb 14 1996 - 16:06:31 EST

Hey All!

    I just bought a Dakota in January, and here I am already. Wow!
Anyway, my truck is a 1996 Dakota 4x4 Sport (Black, thanks) regular cab
short bed, with the V6. Have only had it for about 2,000 miles and I'm
in LOVE! I bought the truck right off the showroom floor, which
explains the V6. Had I special ordered it, it would have had the 318.
I do like the performance of the V6, but I'm sure I can get more out of
it than it gives stock. (Any ideas would be great!)

Quick story on the truck. I'm in the dealership closing this deal
(been there for a while: test drive, go over the spec's, haggle on the
price, look at payment options, etc...) right about 9pm, when the
dealership normally closes. Since I'm taking the truck right off the
showroom floor, it's already been prep'ed and is ready to go, but there
are about 6 misc. cars and trucks blocking the way to the door. So all
of them have to be moved.

All the dealers that are still hanging around have to move all of them.
 One of them (who wound up being the one who drove my truck out of the
showroom) comes walking across the room, not totally knowing why he has
to move this truck when he really wants to go home, and exclaimes
"Whose f***ing truck is it?" rather loudly, and well withing my
earshot. Not letting this phase me (having just cut a pretty good deal
on the truck) I turn around, look him in the eye as he is walking
toward the desk to get the keys to move the truck, and reply "It's my
f***ing truck, what about it?". I've _never_ seen a dealer have a look
like that on his face.

Anyway, every time I'm back over at the dealership (stop in from time
to time), he asks me how I like my f***ing truck, or some such thing.
He's even mentioned that he'd pay to have it lettered up to be the
first Dakota F/T (F***ing/Truck) ever made. Gotta love it!

Dave