RE: problems with dakota

From: Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com
Date: Thu Feb 15 1996 - 19:54:15 EST

From: sousaj@norwich.edu@INTERNET on Thu, Feb 15, 1996 6:53 PM
>I own a 1993 Dodge Dakota Sport. It is two wheel
>drive and it is a manual transmission. I have
>two problems that I am unable to correct. The
>first is that it will not start when it is raining
>out. the .....

Sounds like you are due for some new ignition wires, cap and rotor. Also take
apart all the connectors around the distributor, clean and coat with a silicone
dielectric grease. Take a good look at the ignition coil for any signs of
tracking from where the coil wire attaches, if you do it may require a new coil
if there is even a tiny crack under the tracking mark.

>The otherproblem that I have is that when I drive over
>twenty five miles an hour and it is raining the
>windsheild wipers do not clear the windshield.
>I have replaced the blades twice and the problem
>still is present. I have no problems with my
>truck except when it is raining. If you have any
>clue of what these problems could be cured by
>please let me know.

It sounds like the blades are lifting from the wind. I have not had the problem
with my Dakota but it is a constant source of annoyance on my Daytona. I would
try a set of the aero wiper arms from Anco or Trico. That help alot on my
Daytona but I still need to replace the wiper blades about every 3 months.

Dave Clement
89 Dakota 4x4 LE