re: 1997 Dakota

From: Jeff Dean (jmdean@facstaff.wisc.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 19 1996 - 14:07:47 EST

Thanks, Dale. I took a look at the picture at the html. Not terribly
enlightening, I fear, but interesting.

Jeff Dean
1995 V8 Dakota 4x4 Club - it climbed the back of Mt. Lemmon!
Obsessive BMW motorcycle rider At home: jmdean@facstaff.wisc.edu
Madison, Wisconsin_________________On the road: 74031.2555@compuserve.com

From: <DHartmann@bangate.compaq.com>
Mon, 19 Feb 96 9:36:33 CST
To: <jmdean@facstaff.wisc.edu>
Subject: re: 1997 Dakota

> I have heard that pictures of the 1997 Dakota have been
> published somewhere. It supposedly resembles a scaled-
> down Ram. Has anyone seen them? Does anywhere know
> where to find them?

    Yes, there is (was) a picture at:

        The Pickup Truck Homepage,
        http://www.rtd.com/~mlevine/pickup.html

    Last I saw of it, it looked as if someone took a full-size
    RAM picture and edited-out some of the middle of the
    sheet metal. I guess they used some sort of graphics
    editor to do this. It is only an artists sketching, so
    don't believe exactly what you see.

    About 8 months ago (maybe a year), I read in the Wall
    Street Journal an article where some CC guy was
    interviewed and he said that the new Dakota would NOT
    be a scaled-down version of the full-size RAM....that it
    would have a character all its own.

    We'll see,
    Dale