Re: Towing

From: Rader = Darn Jar All Dry Error (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Fri Feb 23 1996 - 13:36:44 EST

>Any stories or advice? I saw that some people have had good luck towing
>things like 3,500 lb. boats. Anyone towing 5,000+ lb. loads over 1,000+
>mile distances?

  I'm probably the one who posted about towing 3500# boats. Haven't had
to tow 5K#, so can't help you there. FWIW, I have zero trouble maintaining
70MPH through the low rolling hills in Piedmont NC/VA. The Dakota feels
like it's got more to spare. This is with the 3.55 rear end and 5 speed;
our boat trailer doesn't have brakes.

  If you had the 3.90 rear and/or the automatic, I don't think you'd have
any trouble towing 5K#. Especially if your horse trailer has brakes.

  Ron