RE: Tonneau Covers

From: Pan Chan (Pan_Chan@iacnet.com)
Date: Mon Feb 26 1996 - 07:55:23 EST

>I don't have a single bad thing to say about the cover. I wipe it down
>with a little Armor All every once in a while, snow and ice come off as
>easy as from a teflon pan.

Regarding ArmorAll: I had "waxed" my '95 SLT with Nu-Finish a couple of times
this winter, but made the mistake of letting it get onto my black moldings. It
left seemingly impossible to remove cloudy spots and smudges; I've scrubbed at
them, but it hardly helped. Then I put ArmorAll on the moldings and it either
removed the smudges or it's masked them pretty well. Haven't seen the black
plastic parts on the truck look so black and shiny for a long time.

>The top was about $180 from my local speed shop with tax. Its a bit higher
>than the others I had to choose from, but it was worth the price.

Did this price include the bows and rails?

Also, I have a over-the-rail bedliner. If I get a tonneau cover, I will have to
ditch this bedliner, right?