Re: Tonneau Covers

From: CSiano@banyan.com
Date: Mon Feb 26 1996 - 08:41:46 EST

>> I added the Extang Tonno II to my 6.5' bed shortly after I bought the
>> truck. This cover uses a removable aluminum rail that bolts to the bed.

>Thanks for the data point. Most people suggested the fiberglass cover,
>which I really don't want. I will look into the Extang...

The big problem I have with the fiberglass covers is how to carry the
panels when I need the whole bed. I sometimes make 1-way hauls to New
Hampshire. With the fiberglass covers, I'd have to either stow them in the
bed (wonderful when I am hauling furnature or gardening supplies), or leave
them home (and loose the benefit of the cover all weekend or week). With
the soft cover, I can stow the bows and the cover neatly behind the seats
in the cab. In fact, the bows tuck behind the seats way down at the floor
and the cover can be tucked under the passenger seat, so I still have room
behind the driver's seat for my laptop, and my duffle behind the passenger
seat.

I guess it all comes down to what one uses the truck for.

Christopher Siano | "How do you control this thing?"
CSiano@Banyan.com | "Who Cares, Go FASTER!"