RE: Low fuel lights

From: Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com
Date: Mon Feb 26 1996 - 15:55:56 EST

From: stei0302@penny.cs.fredonia.edu@INTERNET on Mon, Feb 26, 1996 3:19 PM

> Well, we've had two responses indicating that the '94 and the '95 has
>a low fuel light. The '96 doesn't (or at least *mine* doesn't). Before
>I get annoyed at Dodge for this oversight (or worse, intentional omission)
>does anyone have a '96 which has a low fuel light? Maybe mine is just
>inoperative...

> If not, can anyone think of a reason why Dodge would can the low fuel
>light? Did the shape of the tank change, or something? FYI, I have
>a V8 Club Cab with the 22 gallon tank.

My 89 (22 gal tank) has the low fuel light.

Also, my 89 Daytona has the low fuel light and trip computer. The gas gauge gets
stuck at 1/4 tank on the Daytona and the low fuel light never comes on but the
trip computer will read to the tank is empty. This tells me that the light is
driven off the gauge and not the tank sender unit.

Does the 96 have a redesigned dash? That would be the only reason that I can
think of for leaving the light out. THe 89 has a strip across the bottom of the
dash with all the warning lights in it including the low Fuel.

Dave Clement