Dakota Trans. Problems

From: Chris Smith (chris@maroon.us.dell.com)
Date: Wed Feb 28 1996 - 12:46:47 EST

The saga continues...

Since mine broke, I've learned that 92-93 auto trans (possibly others) are prone to
self destruction at 50K plus. Update parts are available to correct some OD problems,
Chrysler re-designed in 94 or 95, not sure which.

If you have a trans under warranty, do yourself a favor, go to the dealer and complain
of a funny noise in the trans, or strange shifting. Even if they find nothing, keep
your service receipt. If it goes bad after the Warranty is up, Chrysler will likely
repair it free or at reduced cost, as long as there is previous history.

As for me, I'm out of luck. I'm the second owner, and the original owner never had
trans problems, so Chrysler will do nothing for me.

It's junk yard time!

-Chris