FW: Foglights and splash guards

From: Ned Vogler (NVOGLER@rghosp.chime.org)
Date: Fri Mar 01 1996 - 13:04:00 EST

>From: Pan Chan
>Subject: Foglights and splash guards
>Date: Thursday, February 29, 1996 11:00PM

>Are the Mopar splash guards for the Dakota any good? My dealer has them
for
>$6.75 / pair, which is cheap enough. I'm not sure they'd look good, though.

>They have 2 styles: flat and antispray -- implying that the flat ones don't

>really work. The flat ones have a ram's head and Dakota logo, while the
>antispray one only has the logo in block letters. They also said that holes
>had to be drilled (of course) and that the rear wheels had to be removed
for
>installation in the rear.

I'm interested in finding out which flaps you end up choosing, as I too am
planning to have splash guards put on my 4x4 SLT (darn AT tires keep
throwing dirt/snow etc. into the space between the bottom of the door and
the rocker panel, and the car wash doesn't get it clean, I have to clean it
out with a sponge).. I had planned on getting the guards when I was in for
my 6000 mile service which is coming up in the next couple weeks.

>The Mopar fog lights, according to my dealer, cost $71 plus $53 for the
>mounting kit, plus $11 for brackets. Does that sound right to those of you
>w/experience installing fog lights? Sometimes I find that just the Dakota
<chomp>

I was thinking of putting on fog lights as well, (wish I had ordered 'em
when I ordered the truck!) but wasn't sure if I would have to order a new
front airdam with cutouts for the fog lights or not. What does the kit
include?? It's separate from the lights and the brackets, so what does that
leave?? Wiring, and a switch for the dash?? Somebody else had posted that
the location of the factory fog light switch left something to be desired.
 Let us know what you decide and how you make out...

Ciao!

         Network Administrator | _ _ _ _ _ _
       Rockville General Hospital | |_` |_` _ |_| |_| |_ |_| |_`
       (nvogler@rghosp.chime.org) | ,_| | | | |_ |\ ,_|
  '96 Dakota SLT V8 5-sp 4x4 Club Cab |
  '84 Nighthawk 650 '85 Honda XR-350R | ----------------------------