RE: Alternator Failure

From: Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com
Date: Fri Mar 01 1996 - 09:49:53 EST

From: Clement_D on Wed, Feb 28, 1996 6:55 PM

>Well after 194,00 miles the bearings in the Dakota alternator started makeing
>noise last night and they froze up today.
>
>So it's off to the parts store for a rebuild.

Well I picked up an alternator last night and the Dakota is back on the road.
The replacement was a rebuild (as I stated), cost $104.00 and comes with a
lifetime warranty.

While I was at the parts store I noticed a display of rebuilt axle half shafts
and since the right side CV on my Dakota is starting to makes some noise when
the wheel is at full lock right or left when using 4wd I inquired if they had
them available for 4x4 trucks.

While they did not have one in stock they could get it in 2 days. The suprising
part was the cost. Only $159.00 for a complete rebuild, inner & outer CVs, new
boots and axle. Again a lifetime warranty that even includes the boots. A boot
rips and you get a complete axle replacement. Needless to say I am expecting a
call in a couple of days saying my axle is in.

Dave Clement