Trans Info

From: Chris Smith (chris@maroon.us.dell.com)
Date: Thu Mar 07 1996 - 20:14:01 EST

I've purchased a junkyard transmission from a '94 Dakota to replace mine
which went out after 83K miles. (paid $750, supposedly has 10Kmiles) I
want to verify that this is really from a V8 Dakota. Does anyone know
where the model ID is on the transmission, and if there is a resource
for me to check. I'm not getting a whole lot of cooperation out of the
dealer (Computer's down, there really busy, etc.) I'd also like to find
out if the torque converter that came with it is lock-up type (maybe
they all are).

My truck has two equip. codes for transmission, DGB and DGR. I'm
curious what this means? (maybe one is for V8-rated)

Thanks,
Chris (Can't wait to get my truck back on the road) Smith