Happy happy joy joy!

From: TeamGTZ@aol.com
Date: Sat Mar 16 1996 - 02:50:46 EST

Lots o' info kids!

First, I went to my dealer from whence my 95 V8 2wd Club came and grilled the
sales dept. Found out a lot of neat info. Keep in mind, this dealership is
SUPER into muscle, SUPER into trucks, and SUPER into dealer add-ons. RE: the
new Dakota -- these guys already got to drive it and the latest Chevys and
Fords at some factory training session. The look and feel (as most of us
know by now) of the 97 Dakota is that of a "mini Ram" (as quoted from my
dealer). Mother MoPar has also upped the cubes AND the horsies on the V6 to
(I think) 4.2L and 200-and-some horsepower (not sure if this is for 97 or
98). I could get answers only of "No comment," on whether or not this
increase in punch would affect the V8s. On a related subject, when I
inquired about the placement of the 5.9L (or its descendant) into the new
Dakota, I again got the frustrating "No comment." However, I definitely
noticed some "looking-forward-to-itness" with respect to the new Dakota as
far as these guys go.

Second: EXTRA ! ! EXTRA ! !

This same dealer offers a dealer option package: Ram Scat Pack
Mopar people should remember the phrase "Scat Pack" (H.O. group)
"A ground-pounding, street legal, high performance package featured on the
Dodge Ram pickup."
This is a dealer option package that will make the Dodge truck/muscle car
lover melt!
Read these dealer installed options on a new Ram:

* Front air dam and rear pan with '70 Challenger exhaust tips.
* Ram induction hood (AAR 'Cuda type fiberglass)
* Truck lowering package
* Mopar performance Package, i.e. cam and valve springs, computer and
headers.
* Installed C.A.R.B. legal dual exhaust
* Custom made stepside box with flares (steel body)
* Woodgrain dash packages
* Custom made hardwood bed floor
* Custom electric racing style mirrors
* Paxton supercharger

I saw one of these at said dealer, in Red, with (dealer option) Boyd's Duece
Ninja wheels with P315 35 R17s in back and some appropriately fat 17s in
front, also with the brakes painted to match. I have to say, I just about
lost it, right there on the custom shop floor. Unfortunately, these options
don't extend to the Dakota BUT, you gotta figure a similar setup will be
offered for the next generation Dakota......

In case you were wondering...NO! I don't work for CC! (I just sound like
it!)