Re: Splitfires?

From: TeamGTZ@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 18 1996 - 18:39:04 EST

In a message dated 96-03-18 10:19:39 EST, CSiano@banyan.com writes:

> I run a Jacobs ignition and have opened
>the gap to 0.045. Even with that, electrode erosion was minimal.

A Jacobs, eh? I've been looking into those lately. Which package did you
get? The "Energy Team," "Ultra Team" or what? I was wondering if the claims
in the literature were accurate (better mileage, more power, better throttle
response, lower e.t.s Etc.) Also, did you get it from Jacobs or through a
dealer? Although I'd like an increase in performance, and mileage, I wasn't
sure if (1) the ignition was worth the price and (2) if it really lived up to
it's claims. Any advice? (I have a V8 Club with 3.55 gear; I don't know the
real HP or 1/4 mile e.t., but I know that it only gets about 15 mpg city and
highway -- with a stick!)