r/t package for Dakota

From: mhusar@dfsc.dla.mil
Date: Wed Apr 03 1996 - 10:37:19 EST

In the 1996 Mopar Performance catalog Chrysler has put a warning for the high performance computer and camshaft that it sells separately and as part of the r/t package. The warning is that you should not use those parts if you are going to do any towing. Does anybody know why? I can see not using those parts if you are going to towing some heavy towing because I'm sure the resulting torque curve is not ideal for towing heavy loads, but I can't see where it would hurt to tow something say 2000lbs or less. Can anybody comment on this? I'd like to obtain the performance increases the r/t package promises but I don't want to compromise my Dakota's utility too much. If I had wanted a fast pickup that I couldn't haul anything in I would have bought me Syclone.
         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)