Re: FW: Who-s Who List

From: Jon N. Steiger (stei0302@penny.cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 07 1996 - 22:09:55 EDT

>>Re: discussion of adding a page of owners / info / trucks,
>>I must say I like the layout of the graphics page (on the Dakota
>>home page) and I think that will work quite well as a good format
>>for owners/trucks/e-mail addresses/other info.
>
>I agree...

   What do you think of having a seperate page for the generic dakota
pictures and the pictures of the members' trucks? I was thinking about
having the "generic" page pretty much exactly like it is now, but for
the members, I'd create a nicer format, with some sort of standardized
info form for each of the trucks. (Stuff like, year, configuration,
color, modifications, planned (future) modifications, owner's name,
e-mail address, etc...)

>>For those that don't have pictures, maybe a funny graphic with
>>'picture not yet available' of the truck.
>
>Good idea... who's got ideas for a NYA graphic??

  Heh heh heh... Anyone have a picture of a totalled Dakota? ;)

>>This is, of course, my humble opinion and all real decisions should
>>come from our noble web-page keeper (Jon Steiger). And yes, I
>>some day will get off my duff and get some pictures in.
>
>Yes you should get 'em in!! :-)
>
>Jon, whaddya think??

   All the ideas I've seen sound great!

>>When we get too graphics intensive, we will probably want to
>>split the page up between 4x4s and 4x2's, or even break down
>>by years depending upon participation.
>
>Also a good idea... but we should see how the participation grows first...

  Yep... BTW: Does anyone have any ideas or preferences as to how this
should be ordered? i.e. alphabetically by name, by model year, etc?
  Also, depending on how big the page gets, it might be nescessary to
do without the thumbnail views right on the page. I thought mabye I
would have two links for each picture... One that is a tiny thumbnail,
and another which is the full size version. (the thumbnail being
so the reader can get an idea of what the truck looks like and decide
wether or not they want to spend the time to download the large
version...) We can probably get away with having thumbnails right on
the page for now though... (If we ever had to use the above format,
that would eventually eliminate the "picture not available" graphic)

>>Big Aspirations, Small Wallet.
>
>Hoo boy, can I ever relate with that!!

  Ditto. :P

                                              -Jon-

| Jon Steiger: DoD# 1038, EAA #518210, USUA# A46209, NMA# 117376, KotWitDoDFAQ |
| stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu && http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ |
| '96 Dakota SLT V-8, '91 FZR600R /* Just another mangy hacker */ |